This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- BaptismThis week’s featured book: Reluctant Pilgrim by Enuma Okoro Today’s Reflection I take the idea of baptism pretty seriously. I don’t fully understand it, but that itself seems to make sense to me, that it would be a little difficult to wrap my mind around a sacrament, a means by which somehow God continually reveals […]
- New CreationThis week’s featured book: Reluctant Pilgrim by Enuma Okoro Today’s Reflection I never got confirmed in the Catholic Church or in any church for that matter. I never got the chance to say yes or no to active duty. I never sat through Confirmation classes where teachers explained the faith to me or gave me […]
- DefinitionsThis week’s featured book: Reluctant Pilgrim by Enuma Okoro Today’s Reflection I needed to ask what certain words meant to me, words I had taken for granted but that now had to bear real definitions for me. I felt compelled to understand them in order to make better sense of my faith: baptism, hospitality, witness, […]
- New statistics provide snapshot of Korean United MethodistsThe project, 10 years in the making, shows that Korean clergy are younger on average than previously thought and reveals a significant gender gap in appointments to Korean churches.
- Sheltering in Love grant alleviates hungerMore than 350 people in the four conferences of the Nigeria Episcopal Area benefitted from COVID-19 food assistance.
- Young elder numbers near historic lowUnited Methodist clergy age study shows modest growth period has been followed by drops in the number of both men and women elders under age 35.
- Groundbreaking first step for Nigerian church radioA groundbreaking ceremony is the first step in bringing Grace Radio to Taraba State. The project is an initiative of the church in Nigeria in partnership with United Methodist Communications.
- Fix broken migration policy, religious leaders sayFaith leaders cite a lack of commitment by European nations to either refugees or their local hosts.
- Conference backs replacing Cross and FlameNorth Texas Conference joins pastor in saying the insignia of The United Methodist Church is, inadvertently, racially insensitive.
- At 94, he’s ‘Mr. Music of United Methodism’The Rev. Carlton R. “Sam” Young — composer, arranger, scholar and two-time hymnal editor — is out with a new collection of sacred music.
- Full communion with Episcopalians delayedCiting COVID-19, the United Methodist and Episcopal dialogue committee urges putting its proposed agreement on hold until after 2021.
- Empowering women in Liberia amid COVID-19UMW project teaches women to make soaps and sanitary pads to generate income and provide needed products in rural villages.
- 2020 Pacific Northwest Annual ConferenceSeptember 17, online.