Spirit Streams Academy for Spiritual Formation
Fall Youth Workshop
Clergy & Family Christmas Dinner
- Grant Us WisdomToday’s Reflection GRANT US WISDOM and courage this week: to trust you to guide us through difficult circumstances; to taste and see your presence in new ways; to trust that you will do good and joyful things in our lives and in the world. Look for an opportunity to reprocess anger into grace. Here are […]
- We Need God’s PeaceToday’s Reflection GOD OF THE HEAVENS and the earth, We need your peace. Send your gentle, fierce Spirit to all the war-torn lands and broken relationships. Come, God of peace. We need you today. Amen. – Beth A. Richardson Child of the Light From page 93 of Child of the Light: Walking through Advent and […]
- The Unfolding of God’s PromiseToday’s Reflection OFTEN I STAND on the edge of the light, afraid to believe, afraid to act, afraid that this story is too good to be true. But then in my better moments, when I listen closely to the story, move closer to the light, my fears seem to evaporate like an early morning mist, […]
- Church in Liberia donating school toiletsThe United Methodist Church in Liberia is helping to keep students healthy by donating toilets to schools.
- 2017: Remembering notable church membersIn the past year, United Methodists marked the passing of a champion of deacons, a Mississippian born of conviction and a bishop who survived an attempt on his life.
- Gay United Methodist choir director firedAfter three years as children’s choir director, Ryan Mould was fired and told homosexuals cannot be “spiritual leaders.”
- New life for church’s 1943 Christmas filmTwo women at First United Methodist in Alexandria, Louisiana, spark revival of movie the church made with the Army’s help.
- How an immigrant family found room at the innLas Posadas is the Mexican tradition of re-enacting Joseph and Mary’s search for safe lodging for Christ’s birth. For one family, the tradition has special resonance.
- Church helped ease the pain in Filipino siegeChurch assisted Filipinos caught in the battle between government forces and Islamic State militants on the island of Mindanao.
- Congo United Methodists decry deadly attack on UN peacekeepersBishop Gabriel Yemba Unda calls for peace after deadliest attack in recent memory
- Wesley Nurses offer care, prayerChurch program puts registered nurses in United Methodist churches across south Texas, with focus on helping the uninsured. Sam Hodges reports from Edinburg, Texas, for United Methodist News Service.
- Pastor shares experience of California fireFast-moving Southern California fires continue to spread. The best way to help at this time is to give to the UMCOR U.S. Disaster Response Advance #901670.
- Protests for Dreamers lead to arrestsUnited Methodists joined with people across the country rallying for Congress to protect immigrants who came to the U.S. as children.