This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- What If?This week, Upper Room Daily Reflections features excerpts from Loving the World with God: Fourth Day Living by Rebecca Bruff. Today’s Reflection
- MercyThis week, Upper Room Daily Reflections features excerpts from Loving the World with God: Fourth Day Living by Rebecca Bruff. Today’s Reflection
- Take a Look InsideThis week, Upper Room Daily Reflections features excerpts from One Breath at a Time by J. Dana Trent. Today’s Reflection
- Judith Craig, pioneering woman bishop, dies at 82Bishop Judith Craig, the third woman elected as a United Methodist bishop, died Jan. 18 at 82 in Columbus, Ohio.
- Commentary: 3 realities facing GC2019Families’ love for one another helps transcend disagreements. Andrew Ponder Williams feels our United Methodist family needs some work.
- Furloughed government workers turn to the churchUnited Methodists are stepping up to assist furloughed government workers with hot meals, groceries and counseling.
- Agriculture a ‘game changer’ for church in AfricaThe church has the potential of becoming self-sustaining if it develops its vast land into viable commercial enterprises, said Sierra Leone Bishop John K. Yambasu.
- Church urges civility after Congo electionThe United Methodist Church continues its efforts to promote peace as the Congo awaits a final decision in the presidential election.
- Young underprivileged women gain hope in MalawiMalawi Conference training focuses on education, gender-based violence, dating and courtship, and spirituality.
- Seeing a Way Forward: The Rev. Maxie DunnamThe Rev. Maxie Dunnam, president emeritus of Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky, submitted the Modified Traditional Plan to be considered by the 2019 special General Conference.
- Updated: Zimbabwe faces violence, record fuel pricesUnited Methodists are calling for prayers for peace after protests, sparked by soaring fuel prices, led to a government crackdown and blocked internet.
- Simple Plan supporters talk strategySupporters discuss how legislation that would eliminate all restrictions related to homosexuality could be part of General Conference consideration.