This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- Advent with the Body of ChristIn order to continue receiving Upper Room Daily Reflections after January 1, 2019, please confirm your subscription here. ________ Today’s Reflection ADVENT IS A FITTING TIME to remember that we are all members of the body of Christ. Individual efforts do not sustain faith. We need the spirit of God to assist us in all things, […]
- A Time of SilenceIn order to continue receiving Upper Room Daily Reflections after January 1, 2019, please confirm your subscription here. ________ Today’s Reflection THIS YEAR needs Advent; needs a keeping space Of silence and of darkness nearing down, Someplace where all that can be still is stilled And everything but hope and fear are gone, Where there is […]
- Come, O HopeIn order to continue receiving Upper Room Daily Reflections after January 1, 2019, please confirm your subscription here. ________ Today’s Reflection O HOPE, aperture of God’s expansive view; prism through which all true Light breaks, illuminating paths and patterns, ways and wanderers. Refract our shortsightedness that we may look to the East with distance vision and […]
- Faith leaders struggle to bring message of hope to migrantsMore than 300 faith leaders — including United Methodists — walked to the border wall in San Diego to bring blessing to people in Tijuana.
- Judicial Council sets February docketDocket items include the first administrative appeal to come before the denomination's top court, but no reconsideration of Traditional Plan ruling.
- Bishops' website spotlights One Church PlanBishops say they want to provide information to help General Conference delegates. The new site is getting pushback but also support.
- Central Nigeria Conference opens new secondary schoolAlong with a Christian foundation, students — many of whom could not afford government or private schools — prepare for higher education.
- Opinions still vary on the Way ForwardA variety of plans have United Methodist champions as the church strives to find common ground on homosexual marriage and clergy.
- Filipino pastor arrested ‘rescuing’ Lumad childrenEighteen people, including the Rev. Eller Ordeniza, a United Methodist, were detained and charged with kidnapping and human trafficking by local police.
- Zimbabwe music director focuses on human rightsThrough his gift of music, Walter Mujuru teaches people of all ages about socioeconomic and cultural justice.
- Zimbabwe church vows to halt AIDS epidemicWith new resources, ongoing advocacy and education, the Common Voice Initiative envisions a world without HIV/AIDS.
- Seeing a Way Forward: The Rev. Tom BerlinA member of the Commission on a Way Forward, the Rev. Berlin explains that the One Church Plan tries to allow different people to “exercise their own judgment in their cultural context.”
- Mexican church helping migrants in Tijuana, ApaxcoMethodist churches are helping provide food, shelter for members of the migrant caravan camped out in Tijuana, Mexico.