This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- The Good ShepherdToday’s Reflection HOW COULD SHEEP stay protected without a door? The shepherd would lie down at night in the doorway. The shepherd would be the door. This is what people would have pictured when Jesus said, “I am the door for the sheep.” I recently saw these kinds of sheep pens in the Holy Land. […]
- The Light of the WorldToday’s Reflection OUR DARKNESS is not always of our own making. Sometimes our paths are just cloudy. We can’t see the destination. We don’t know how the road will end. All we can do is trust Christ one step at a time. Sometimes our darkness is a result of our own actions. When we come […]
- The Bread of LifeToday’s Reflection YOU WOULD THINK Jesus would be encouraged by thousands of people searching for him, but he knew why they came. They were just looking for another miracle. They were driven by a need for fullness. Therefore Jesus told them that he could give something lasting and complete. In response, the crowd asked him, […]
- Attacks hamper Ebola efforts in CongoThe United Methodist Church continues to raise awareness, as worship, evangelism drop in affected areas.
- Church mobilizes to help cyclone survivorsCyclone Idai left a path of destruction in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi, killing at least 180 people and damaging United Methodist schools, churches, hospitals and homes.
- New York, New Jersey conferences confer on GC2019Inaugural conference special sessions address concerns over pain, distrust caused by denomination-wide vote.
- Get all the latest United Methodist newsUnited Methodist News Service keeps you informed about breaking news that affects the church.
- Task force to investigate GC2019 votingGeneral Conference organizers have named a 12-member task force to look into potential voting irregularities at the special session.
- Denials, charges fly in GC2019 voting credentials reviewOne delegate named as a possible ineligible voter contends he was a duly elected reserve, but he is not listed on General Conference attendance records.
- Turning to God in the middle of a disasterUnited Methodist executive’s near drowning in Brazil was not his worst brush with mortality.
- GC2019 voting credentials under reviewAfter an in-depth review, it’s possible “a very limited number” of ineligible people obtained credentials to vote.
- Better report cards for 2 UM seminariesAccrediting agencies lift sanctions after finding improvements at Saint Paul and Claremont.
- Improving vision and lives in ZimbabweNyadire Connection program provides glasses to more than 4,000 people in rural communities.