Spirit Streams Academy for Spiritual Formation
Fall Youth Workshop
Burlington Turkey Dinner
Clergy & Family Christmas Dinner
- Trusting God’s PromisesToday’s Reflection THROUGH MY WORK in spiritual direction, I find that many people have a fear of abandonment. As an only child, I felt that fear especially when my parents would go out for an evening. I didn’t know if I could trust the promise that my parents would return because of the lurking fear […]
- AdorationToday’s Reflection CONSIDER for a moment what, in practice, the word adoration implies. The upward and outward look of humble and joyful admiration. Awestruck delight in the splendor and beauty of God, the action of God and Being of God, in and for God’s self alone, as the very color of life: giving its quality […]
- Beginnings of PrayerToday’s Reflection OFTEN PRAYER BEGINS as a longing in the heart, a longing for love, a longing for connection, a longing to make contact with a Power greater than ourselves. Sometimes it begins as a desperate need for help, peace, strength, or comfort. Other times prayer’s beginning is a deep hope for others — an […]
- Uniting participants call for unity, braveryMore than 400 people participated in a conference that emphasized The United Methodist Church’s strengths despite its differences over LGBTQ issues.
- Joining the call for peace on Korean PeninsulaUnited Methodists need to educate themselves, others to become faithful advocates for peacebuilding.
- AU campus, students safe amid Zimbabwe unrestClasses were held as usual at Africa University on Nov. 15 while United Methodists prayed for their country as the military took control in Zimbabwe.
- ‘Poldark’ on PBS features Methodist storylinePopular MASTERPIECE drama set in 18th century Cornwall, England, shows how Methodism renewed heartfelt faith.
- Mudslide survivors worried over futureCamps for survivors of August mudslides, flooding in Sierra Leone will close Nov. 15.
- Native American creates an oasis for troubled teens“Bugsy” Barnoski sees himself in the young people at Oklahoma’s Rougher Alternative Academy. He’s made it his mission to help them find their purpose and embrace their Native heritage.
- Bishops: Be respectful in difficult timesAs the church’s debate about its future intensifies, bishops say they are hearing of increased animosity leading in some cases to disrupted worship.
- Commentary: The church’s news and why it mattersToday more than ever, The United Methodist Church and society in general need professional news reporting.
- Churches bear down on safety after Texas attackMassacre at Baptist church prompts United Methodist churches to seek active shooter training.
- Bishops consider 3 models for church futureThe bishops are looking at three possibilities of LGBTQ inclusion sketched by the Commission on Way Forward.