This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- The Gift of BreathToday’s Reflection GOD IS THE GIVER of life and breath. Miraculously, your breath flows in and out of your body, offering life. You live in the physical sense with your body and in the spiritual sense with your spirit; yet, no life exists—either in the body or spirit—without the starting point of the breath. While […]
- Breath PrayerToday’s Reflection EVERY BREATH you take serves as a reminder of God’s gift of life and the Spirit within. The Hebrew word ruach is used interchangeably in scripture for both breath and spirit, as is the Greek word pneuma. A breath prayer is a simple, intimate, and repetitive prayer that can be repeated during each […]
- God Is In.Today’s Reflection A note from the author: “Celtic Christians acknowledged God’s presence in every aspect of living—from waking to sleeping, from birth to death, from mundane chores to momentous celebrations. They perceived God’s creation as a holy gift. Gratitude characterized their way of being as they affirmed the source of life and gave thanks through […]
- Young women's program revived in Sierra LeoneSix years after shutting down in Sierra Leone, the Young Women’s Network is active again thanks to a donation by Discipleship Ministries.
- 2019 Oregon-Idaho Annual Conference ReportJune 12-15 in Eugene, Oregon.
- 526 Africa University graduates in 2019 classNew graduates of the United Methodist university come from 22 African countries, but share a passion for change.
- Achieving inclusion: Break barriers, build bridgesIt’s time to meet and accept people where they are, not where we think they ought to be, writes a Korean clergywoman.
- Exiting congregations face hefty price tagU.S. conferences are calculating how much a church must pay if it leaves under legislation approved by General Conference 2019. The big cost will be pensions.
- 2019 East Ohio Annual ConferenceJune 10-13, in Lakeside, Ohio.
- Son's vote for peace set his father's killers freeThose who remember “the troubles,” fear the effect of Brexit on more than two decades of still-fragile peace in Ireland.
- New communication center aids learning in NigeriaMore effective global and local communication for United Methodist in Nigeria is the goal of new communications center.
- Rural girls face challenges at city universitiesRural girls seeking education in cities in Zimbabwe are at risk if they take emotional or financial support from older men.
- Brexit threatens longtime peace in Northern IrelandMethodist peacebuilders, others raise concerns about re-imposing hard borders on the island of Ireland.