This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- Co-creatorsToday’s Reflection PART OF BEING an artist and co-creator with God comes in giving ourselves time and space to listen for the movement of the Spirit. We set time aside for paying attention to the interior movement, to the place where we connect with the Creator. —Valerie K. Isenhower, Meditation on Both Sides of the […]
- Sacred LoveToday’s Reflection WHEN THE HOLY ONE reaches out to us as pilgrim travelers and bids us to join the dance, it is an invitation to live with the knowledge we are never alone. The One Who Loves Us accompanies us through life, wanting nothing more than for us to be whole. This Lover waits patiently […]
- Preparing the SoilToday’s Reflection WHEN I THINK of how God works in the life of the pilgrim, I remember the tireless work my dad put into preparing the soil for his garden. Just as he patiently readied the earth, so too God prepares the pilgrim’s heart to receive an encounter with Divine Love. Seasons before we become […]
- South African churches take stand against xenophobiaHundreds of United Methodist congregations united for a day of prayer in the wake of attacks on foreign nationals.
- Boreholes bring ‘sigh of relief’ in UgandaChurches in Georgia, Florida work with local United Methodists in East Africa Episcopal Area to provide clean water near United Methodist churches.
- United Methodist works on amphibious rescue vehicleThe new vehicle could speed up rescue and relief efforts since it will move seamlessly from land to water and back again.
- Clergyman accused of sexual misconduct, abuseThe West Ohio Conference confirmed that the Rev. Donald “Bud” Heckman faces the strong likelihood of a church trial.
- Ebola training well received in CongoMegan Klingler with the United Methodist Board Global Ministries’ Global Health unit said she is pleased with the progress made during her three-week visit.
- UMCOR, partners start asylum seekers projectThe three-year, $2 million pilot project also will engage local church members on a community level as they embrace the biblical mandate of welcoming the stranger.
- Challenges stack up for United Methodist schoolZimbabwe’s Chapanduka Secondary School faces water crisis, malfunctioning solar system, poor academic scores and poverty in the community.
- Mourners surprised by cut of estateDennis Valstad was a quiet, dedicated Ripon Immanuel United Methodist Church volunteer who arranged one more good deed six weeks after his death.
- 2019 Rwanda Provisional Special Annual ConferenceOct. 9, in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Peace as a lifelong vocationThe two most recent recipients of the World Methodist Peace Award have very different backgrounds but share a commitment to peacemaking.