This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- The Jesus PrayerToday’s Reflection FROM THE FIFTH CENTURY on, spiritual guides taught the use of the Jesus Prayer: “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” The Jesus Prayer comes from two scripture sources. One is the prayer of the tax collector in the Temple: “God, be merciful to me, a sinner!” (Luke […]
- Grace at the CenterToday’s Reflection THE CHRISTIAN FAITH teaches that God wants to save us when we are at our worst. God loves us still. God is not ignorant of our sin; God sees it more devastatingly than we do. But God loves each one of us and sees someone whom God wants to redeem and make new. […]
- Psalm 139Today’s Reflection IT IS NOT YOU WHO SHAPE GOD, it is God who shapes you. If, then, you are the work of God, await the hand of the artist who does all things in due season. Offer the Potter your heart, soft and tractable, and keep the form in which the Artist has fashioned you. […]
- Storm shuts down United Methodist schools in Sierra LeoneEducators and church officials are trying to come up with a plan to allow students to finish out the school year while repairs are underway.
- Camp offers migrant youth fun, friendshipThe California-Pacific Conference has been offering summer camps to unaccompanied migrants for the past four years.
- Church seeks release of detained missionaryUnited Methodist mission agency, bishops want Philippines government to allow three missionaries to leave the country.
- Nutrition support remains critical in MalawiThe United Methodist Church’s nutrition program is making a difference for both children and adults.
- Appointments leave Glide without United Methodist pastorBishop Minerva Carcaño, episcopal leader of the California-Nevada Annual Conference is conducting a ministry assessment of the church.
- Central Congo Conference women benefit from trainingSessions on leadership, finances, culinary arts enrich lives of United Methodist women.
- Georgia candidate has deep United Methodist rootsGeorgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams, the daughter of two retired United Methodist pastors, was raised to lead life of service.
- AU students working on clean energyStudents at the United Methodist university are researching a renewable clean energy source for rural communities.
- Pope Francis models Christian unity at WCCPope’s visit highlights ecumenical cooperation, caps off meeting that also included a focus on peace on Korean peninsula.
- Asian-Americans celebrate church traditionThe National Federation for Asian American United Methodists celebrated 43 years of advocating for what is now the fastest-growing population in the U.S.