This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- One Small StepThis week’s featured book: Rally by Britney Winn Lee Today’s Reflection Note: This week’s New Every Morning reflections are structured differently to follow the format of our featured title, Rally: Communal Prayers for Lovers of Jesus and Justice, which addresses issues of social justice through reflection and over 50 call-and-response prayers known as litanies. God […]
- Sound the AlarmThis week’s featured book: Rally by Britney Winn Lee Today’s Reflection Note: This week’s New Every Morning reflections are structured differently to follow the format of our featured title, Rally: Communal Prayers for Lovers of Jesus and Justice, which addresses issues of social justice through reflection and over 50 call-and-response prayers known as litanies. As […]
- JusticeThis week’s featured book: Practicing Compassion by Frank Rogers Jr. Today’s Reflection The pain that moves us is nestled within social conditions that perpetuate it. People ravaged by hunger, discrimination, violence, and disease live within a web of social complexities. Their affliction is rooted in and aggravated by power inequities, cultural prejudices, unjust economic systems, […]
- Seeing removal of statues as ‘doing no harm’United Methodists in Virginia and North Carolina are among those calling for Confederate monuments to be moved away from public spaces.
- Daniel Rodríguez left legacy of servant leadershipIn a 50-year ministry career, the Rev. Daniel Z. Rodríguez advocated for justice and helped ensure that The United Methodist Church served Hispanic/Latino and ethnic communities.
- Deaf ministries navigate COVID-19 challengesPandemic has meant more online services in American Sign Language, but masks and isolation are a challenge for Deaf and hard of hearing.
- Africans rely on survival skills to fight COVID-19Many rural communities in Zimbabwe are using age-old practices to stay healthy and stop the spread of the coronavirus.
- Africa University shifts fall semester onlineDespite the move to distance learning, the United Methodist university celebrated a new student union, dormitory and expanded dining hall, funded by a gift from Dallas’ Highland Park United Methodist Church.
- 2020 Michigan Annual ConferenceJuly 26-28, online.
- Meharry faces off with COVID-19From testing to research to serving on the frontlines, Meharry doctors, students and alumni are fighting to overcome pandemic.
- Korean peninsula and 'Amazing Grace with Peace'A Korean-American high school student writes about her grandfather's longing to meet his family in North Korea and how that inspires her to work for the peace movement.
- Dangerous combination: Virus, poverty, immigrationIt is imperative that the church inform and educate its membership with regard to the vulnerability of the immigrants within our communities, writes a United Methodist clergyman.
- Churches weigh options to reach seniorsIn some small or rural churches, snail mail and telephones are still playing a big role in staying in touch with members of the congregation.