This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- Thin PlacesThis week’s featured book: In the Sanctuary of Women by Jan L. Richardson Today’s Reflection In Celtic spiritual traditions, the fluidity of time extends far beyond the stories of the saints. We encounter it, for instance, in the notion of thin places: spaces where the veil between worlds becomes transparent, and heaven and earth meet. […]
- Power of ChristThis week’s featured book: In the Sanctuary of Women by Jan L. Richardson Today’s Reflection The stories of the saints are replete with displays of influence over the elements, animals, and other people; they could also alter the course of illness, injury, and even death. Most important, the miraculous signs and wonders that weave through […]
- Trace the LinesThis week’s featured book: In the Sanctuary of Women by Jan L. Richardson Today’s Reflection Eve challenges us to look at where we have come from and to look again. She beckons us to consider how we tell our stories, how we participate in the making of them and the telling of them. Her story […]
- Conference sessions go virtual, with mixed resultsPandemic-prompted online gatherings offer efficiencies, but technological glitches have occurred and delegates miss being together.
- Facing up to a grotesque book at IliffA book with a cover made from the skin of a slain Native American has haunted United Methodist Iliff School of Theology for decades, but its president wants it used as a teachable moment instead of buried in a library vault.
- Confronting pandemic-related food insecurityUnited Methodist groups and partners continue to provide food relief to vulnerable people in Zimbabwe during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Two voices from the civil rights movementIn a conversation about civil rights and voter suppression, two African American women shared some pivotal experiences with participants at the I AM Her Women’s Leadership Summit.
- Forging stronger ties as women of faithUnited Methodist clergy and laywomen envision something bigger as they celebrate sisterhood, build relationships and share experiences of sexism.
- Boy with United Methodist ties dies in ritual killingSeven-year-old was the grandson of a lay leader at Nyamutumbu United Methodist Church in Zimbabwe; his uncle has been charged with murder.
- Daily Digest - October 10, 2020Evangelism award winner slept outside church; How do we love our enemies?; Filipino youth respond to fire victims
- Conferences persevere under financial strainUnited Methodist conferences are offering churches relief and finding ways to still minister amid pandemic-caused hardships.
- 2020 Austria Annual ConferenceOct. 10, 2020, online
- 2020 Indiana Annual ConferenceUpdates with Oct. 10 virtual session.