This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- Prayer for When a Family Member DiesToday’s Reflection LOVING GOD, we don’t always understand your timing, but we trust that you are good. We know that you hold us in your hands and wrap your love around us when we we are sad. We are sad today, Lord. Comfort us with your presence. Grant us peace in our hearts. Fill our […]
- Finding God in NatureToday’s Reflection I SEE GOD every day when I look at the pink and orange morning sky and the sun peeking out from behind the clouds. I see God every time I dive into the silent depths of the ocean. I’m aware of God when I stop and look at God’s creation. In these moments, […]
- Rhythms of LifeToday’s Reflection STABILITY OF THE HEART does not come naturally. But the simple rhythms of tending to body and soul — making oatmeal and saying prayers, keeping house and singing songs — bring me back to a center, to a still point that is fixed in this place. I do not know how to eliminate […]
- Empowering Nigerian women through microloansThe United Methodist Church in Nigeria's "Empower Her" project is helping women start small businesses to provide for their families.
- United Methodists respond to displaced in NigeriaChurch addresses needs of Nigerian people displaced by violence.
- Building momentum for peace in KoreaGlobal Methodist family represented at Atlanta event that will include input from former U.S. president and a United Methodist who served as U.S. ambassador to Korea.
- Seeing a Way Forward: Bishop Bruce OughDakotas-Minnesota Area Bishop Bruce Ough was president of the Council of Bishops during the 2016 General Conference that authorized the Commission on a Way Forward. He discusses the commission’s work and his hopes for the upcoming special 2019 General Conference.
- Discipleship Ministries restructuresThe new organization will combine the work now housed under new church starts, leadership ministries and young people’s ministries into a single area.
- Love of Christ extends to immigrants living on streetChristians offering food for body and soul to immigrants living in deplorable conditions.
- Embracing curiosity can help church, educators sayAs General Conference approaches, asking questions and listening can lower anxiety level.
- McLaren urges churches to get in alignmentChurches face major challenges and must rethink everything from scratch, author says.
- Church in Nigeria sees membership boomAs the country’s population approaches 200 million, church leaders focus on evangelism; envision 18 percent annual growth in next 12 years.
- Timing right for sexual ethics summitWith #MeToo movement as backdrop, The United Methodist Church's Do No Harm conference draws engaged crowd.