WALK THRU THE BIBLE - NEW TESTAMENT Mark Your Calendars for this exciting event on March 25, 2017 at Lewisburg United Methodist Church. Learn more about the New Testament than you ever thought possible in a few short hours. Walk where Jesus walked, relive the birth and growth of the early church, and travel with the apostle Paul as he shares the gospel with the world. By the end of the five-hour event, participants will: • Creatively learn in chronological order 77 key people, places, and events in the New Testament—without taking notes! • Learn to arrange in sequence the well-known events of the life of Christ. • Discover what happened during the 400 years between the Old and New Testaments. • Gain insights and understanding of the events in the book of Acts, the beginning of the church, and the missionary journeys of Paul.
New Schedule Coming Soon
- Carry a Little QuietToday’s Reflection CARRY A LITTLE QUIET inside you while the world continues in rush and rage fighting and frenzy. Carry a little quiet inside you so that the worry and war trouble and tumult do not capture you in their grip. Tarry in the Son-filled meadow of the heart beside the still waters where God’s […]
- Prayers for Those Who MornToday’s Reflection GOD OF LOVE, many are lonely and grieving during this Advent season. Send your healing Spirit to all who mourn, that they may know your comforting presence with them. Amen. – Beth A. Richardson Child of the Light From page 59 of Child of the Light: Walking through Advent and Christmas by Beth […]
- Prepare the Way of the LordToday’s Reflection HOW DO WE WAIT FAITHFULLY for God in the wilderness? The prophet Isaiah says, “Prepare the way of the Lord; make his paths straight.” We pave a straight path for God through acts of kindness, justice, generosity, and compassion. When we love, God will come. “The one who is more powerful than I […]
- Santa teaches lesson in graceIt is an emotional and spiritual tightrope that many families walk between letting their children have a magical Christmas and making sure they know that Jesus is the reason for Christmas.
- United Methodist Women strengthen leaders and mission partnershipsThe church’s women’s ministry highlights its accomplishments in a 2016 Agency Report.
- What John Wesley teaches about church unityWesleyan scholars say that when it comes to Methodism’s founder, the subject of unity gets complicated.
- Benefits agency changed name, but kept mission in 2016The church’s benefits agency highlights its accomplishments in a 2016 Agency Report.
- Africa University gets boost from non-church partnershipsNew partnerships have been a boon to Africa University’s Pan-African mission.
- Religion and Race focused on awareness, equipping leadersThe church’s agency for racial equality lays out accomplishments in its 2016 Agency Report.
- Pipeline protest supporters cheer re-route rulingUnited Methodists who backed the Standing Rock Sioux’ protest of the Dakotas Access Pipeline say the ruling is a win for Native American sovereignty, water safety.
- Bishop Juan re-elected, assigned to Davao areaWith the election of Bishop Rodolfo A. Juan, all three incumbent United Methodist bishops in the Philippines have been re-elected by the Philippines Central Conference.
- Francisco re-elected bishop in PhilippinesFrancisco is a member of the Council of Bishops executive committee and chairs the Standing Committee on Central Conference Matters.
- Revive 2 in Philippines draws 10,000This was the second revival event held to highlight the legacy and contributions of The United Methodist Church.