This is your opportunity to share your story of witness & service in the Greenbrier District.Read More →
- HumilityToday’s Reflection IT TAKES HUMILITY before God to build and maintain healthy relation- ships at any age. If you seek first to understand another person, you are more likely to be understood. Make an effort to put yourself in the place of someone in a different generation and humbly ask God to give you new […]
- Looking BackToday’s Reflection Voices of the Aging Parent It’s easy to get stuck in a muddy rut on Memory Lane. I intend to go for just a short drive but end up lost in the Good Ol’ Days. Just a glance at an old photo lures me to a time when life seemed better, easier. I […]
- SeasonsToday’s Reflection SOMETIMES you get so focused on the trials in a particular season that you miss the bigger picture of life. Meditate on how God’s purpose is unfolding in this season of your life. How do you feel about your current season? How do you relate to the voices of both autumn and winter? […]
- 2019 Czechia-Slovakia Annual ConferenceMay 17-19, 2019, in Prague, the Czech Republic
- Outreach ministry for addiction is simple, effectiveFor the cost of a ream of paper and some printer ink, a United Methodist layperson in West Virginia is confronting his state’s opioid epidemic one door at a time.
- Honoring WWI code talker, Native veteransOne of the most decorated war heroes from Oklahoma served as a code talker in World War I and is buried at Yasho United Methodist Church cemetery.
- Planning new directions for the churchWhat united those at UMCNext was a desire for inclusion of LGBTQ Christians in all aspects of life in the church.
- United Methodists offer lifeline to reservationOklahoma Indian Missionary Conference, UMCOR step in to help Pine Ridge Indian Reservation after devastating snowstorms.
- Summit plans inclusive Methodist movementSome 350 U.S. United Methodists gathered May 17-18 to discuss what a new Methodist expression centered on the marginalized might look like.
- Church continues grappling with GC2019 voteThe decision of the 2019 General Conference is being met with both resistance and reinforcement.
- Dealing with AIDS in West AfricaMay 19-21 summit in Côte d’Ivoire will encourage United Methodists in the region to create their own plans of action for this continuing health crisis.
- Cyclone relief efforts continue in MozambiqueUnited Methodists offer supplies, spiritual support to survivors of Cylone Kenneth in the northern part of the country and Cyclone Idai in central Mozambique.
- Church awaits decision on sanctuary guest appealAfter hearing, Connecticut United Methodists are praying that federal court will reopen immigration case of Nelson Pinos.